Friday, May 2, 2008

Days Seven & Eight

Much zigzagging throughout Arizona and California put us a little off schedule, so Tarona and I decided to forego our day in San Francisco in order to start our journey back east.

The Grand Canyon

Since we hadn't scheduled a meeting with any organizations in the area, we dropped off books (thanks again to our fab friends at Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Random House) to some of the brave souls working at the 24-hour rest stops and wished them happy reading--we figured it was the least we could do in an area where gas is $4.13/gallon.

The view outside of our windshield has been consistently gorgeous throughout most of the states we've traveled.
We removed the dead bugs from it before taking this shot.

We're stopping off at a hotel for the night and plan to head to Salt Lake City, UT in the morning. I'm a little more than exhausted, so forgive the short post. More to come tomorrow.

This train actually begins in New Jersey. We passed it on the way. Twice. No, seriously.

1 comment:

jkmuhammad said...

Hi Tarona,

This is Jamillah (from the Girl Scouts) I have been browsing around your blog and I find it very interesting. I have to say, it sounds like a page out of Gayle and Oprah's great adventure.

I am sure this must have been a great experience and took a lot of good planning. I am sure you have inspired others.

I look forward to you sharing your talents with the Girl Scouts of Greater Essex and Hudson Counties, soon to be the the Girl Scouts of the Heart of NJ.